Friday, May 26, 2006

Caffeine horror

(Via Serendipity)

"As the brown liquid sits in its tranquility in the little styrofoam cup, I stared at it as though it was a creepy monster which grabbed and threatened to shred my stomach into pieces under its intolerably painful vice, sending me running to the loo a few minutes after it slipped down my throat."

The blogger discussed the negative effects of too much caffeine in our bodies. One of the findings that caught my attention as the symptoms also applied to me, is that "a good 175mg of caffeine in just one cup of coffee stimulating the overproduction of stomach acids was the key to my pooping tendencies every time." I have also been experiencing some of the mentioned side-effects like frequent visit to the toilet after a dose, diarrhea, loss of appetite, stomachache and restlessness of late.

Dang! Better cut down on my coffee intake man..

No comments: